I received a Kawaii cloth diaper from Jack Be Natural to review for all of you. Don't be fooled though - Jack Be Natural has so much more than cloth diapers!
I have never used a Kawaii before and was honestly a bit worried when I discovered that it was made in China.
We have previously had a bad experience with diapers made in China and I do a lot of research on my diapers now. In my research of Kawaii, here is what I found:
- All the material they used have been attested by some international organizations.
- Their factory has more than 15 years history, the workers are very happy and satisfied from their jobs. The working place where they have to spend all day is neat, clean and well ventilated. (NOTATION BY ME: I do wish their workers were fairly paid. I do not see mention of this anywhere!)
- They do not have a retail shop, they only work online and therefore save a lot of costs on renting a shop, electricity, staff and many other costs. (NOTATION BY ME: this is why they say their diapers are cheaper. I am sure those fair wages I mentioned earlier play a role in this too.)
- Their diapers do not contain any harmful substances and are Oeko-Tex certified. Additionally, they are certified by OCIA (Organic Crop Improvement Association), the world's most trusted leaders in the organic certification industry. (Pictures of certificates are shown on their website)
- SGS Certification- Lead Free (Pictures of certificates are shown on their website)
While these things that I listed do not make me LOVE this cloth diaper company, it made me feel better about trying them out.
I was initially really impressed by the size of the inserts. I know that the size is relative to the pocket but I have tried several other pocket diapers before where the diaper seemed the same size and these inserts are easily half as much bigger than my other inserts.
I really love how it fits Daniella. Other pocket cloth diapers I have tried did not fit her so well around her thighs.
I have washed and dried and used this diapers a handful of times now. The only issue I have had is a slight odor to the inserts that I cannot quite get out. It does not smell like ammonia so I am unsure as to what it is.
The cloth diapers that I previously had issues with from China did not begin to have issues until after a year's worth of use. The PUL came apart on several of them within a very short period of time. Therefore, I have been VERY careful about checking the PUl on this diaper after every wash and I have NOT used it in the dryer at all, even though the tag says I can on low to medium heat. I just hang dry it to be sure.
Overall, I have to say that the experience was better than I anticipated, so far. I had concerns coming in but so far, there have been no issues, even though Daniella is a heavy overnight wetter, the Kawaii held well for her.
Jack Be Natural has been great to work with. Even though she recently gave birth, she has been great with her communication! I have to say that that impressed me.
Jack Be Natural has lots more than just cloth diapers!
Jack Be Natural really is a fantastic all around website that is great for eco-friendly, natural and organic parents to find just about anything their heart desires for their family. Be sure to check them out for your needs!
And don't let me forget to mention that SHIPPING IS FREE ON EVERY ORDER (some exclusions apply)!!!!!!!
One lucky winner will receive a $15 store credit to Jack Be Natural! (Do bear in mind that those exclusions mentioned above may apply for those out of the US who win!)
Monica's Rants, Raves & Reviews is not responsible for prize shipment, nor have I received any compensation for this post. Good luck!