- Bee Stings: Unfortunately, wasps, bees, hornets and other stinging bugs are unavoidable!
- Sunburn: Protect your skin from the sun, avoiding the UV rays between 10 am and 4 pm.
- Concussions: A concussion can be the result of a fall from a swing set or a blow of any kind to the head.
- Poison Oak and Poison Ivy: Any camper knows that it's hard to tell the difference between those nice leafy green plants that make you itch and those that are harmless!
- Jellyfish: No, they don't attack you, but their tentacles are painful!
- Ticks: Playing in the woods or hiking puts you at risk for Lyme disease from those nasty ticks!
- Sunstroke: Children and seniors are at higher risk for heat exhaustion and sunstroke!
- Sports Injuries: Unavoidable unfortunately! Be sure it's not serious by checking with a doctor.
- Burns: Accidents happen around BBQ Grills and campfires! Get help right away!
- Kids bumps and bruises: Unavoidable, and it's sometimes hard to tell if they are more serious!
Regardless of where you are, at home or on vacation, camping or hiking, you can have the advice of a doctor in minutes! Doctor on Demand is an internet service that gives you a doctor at the click of a button. No more waiting hours in the ER for things like a cold or the flu, sore throats, skin issues or rashes, eye conditions, diarrhea and vomiting.
I love that Doctor on Demand gives you instant answers - it's a video chat with a live doctor - they see you and you see them right from wherever you are! I used Doctor on Demand for a skin condition on my elbow that has been bothering me for some time, but I really didn't want the hassle of going through the scheduling process of seeing my doctor and then, quite possibly, being referred to a dermatologist. In a short 10 minutes, I was able to be diagnosed with Doctor on Demand! I love their service!
Doctor on Demand is available on iPhone, iPad, Android and on the Web. There's even an app. Best of all, it's only $40 a visit and yes, they prescribe medicine! It just doesn't get any easier. If you use the code MONICA, you get your first visit FREE! Hurry, this code expires on July 15.