Joyus

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy has left a path of death and destruction.  My prayers go out to all those whose lives have been affected by this horrific tragedy.

Here in Chicago we are only now being affected with high winds.  Waves on Lake Michigan are forecast to be up to 25 feet.  I wanted to see for myself how the lake looked, so at about 8:30 tonight I took a walk on the lake front.  The winds were strong for sure, but the waves are not 25 feet high -- at least not yet.  The wind on the lake sounds like a freight train and you have to find a vantage point so the sand doesn't rip the skin from your face, but otherwise it's just cold (40 degrees) and windy.


Oh and in case you wondered, there was 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png