Joyus

Monday, December 3, 2012

The view from up here!

Welcome December!  Complete whiteout conditions in Chicago -- nevermind that it's not snow, it's fog! 

What is it about Mondays that make people so unable to walk down the street?  Monday morning commuters seem unable to decide which side of the sidewalk to walk on!  Seems like two days away from the office has left them unable to remember the "rules of the road"!  Walk on the right -- slowest on the far right, tapering to passing on the left! 

Also (since I'm on a rant here), when did men forget how to open a door for a woman?  When did that become passe?  In case you've forgotten, if it's a regular ordinary door, children first, then women, then men.  If it's a revolving door, men first.  Any questions?! 

I just enforce the rules, I don't make them up! 

11 comments:

  1. You would think it would be universal, but courtesy is not. It's as if people forget how to see outside themselves when they are in a hurry, people pushing and shoving not even seeing what is right in front of them. I don't live in a huge metropolitan city, but where I do live is big. Every morning going to drop the kids off at school and picking them up, is like the indy500. Ugh :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess it is where you are at too. people are just so busy in the city, a lot of them seem to forget. i don't have that problem here! a lot of the people will hold a door for someone and especially that i have 2 small ones, that really helps...but trust me, there are people who don't even look and will just let the door shut in your face..ruuudde!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just a little crazy -- especially with younger men! Moms -- please teach your sons some common manners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very foggy, a lot of people will still hold the doors here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think cute to see the whole city snow in christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I hear ya. I even consider myself a bit of a feminist in some ways, but opening doors is just common courtesy. If I'm opening a door and someone is coming out or is behind me I make sure to leave it open for them too. It's all about being kind to each other and that goes for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with you -- opening doors for women is still very important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Common courtesy is no longer so common any more :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it was really foggy there this morning! It was a little misty here in Ohio earlier, but nothing like that - and the sun came up and it got almost to 70 (or might have even gotten there!) by the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so thankful for the sunshine and that it isn't snow

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png