Joyus

Friday, March 28, 2014

Epica Cleats - you CAN walk on ice!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


A few years ago, I made a bad decision - I walked to the train rather than driving.  It was really icy that morning and I was still rather invincible in my :  in pretty good shape and only 1 broken bone in my life.  All of that changed that fateful morning.
Of course I slipped on the ice and spiral fractured my tibia and fibula!  My leg looked like the letter S! Thankfully an ambulance got me pretty quickly.  I had surgery and 13 screws and a plate later my leg was put back together.  I couldn't put any weight on it for 6 weeks and then had a walking cast that was not pretty.  


Now that  I've healed and the worst is far in the rear view mirror, I know that I can't rely on my incredible grace in order to walk on ice, so when I was given the chance to give Epica Cleats a try, I was thrilled!  


These amazing cleats are made of tough rubber that is flexible even when its very cold outside.  The rust-proof spikes provide you with the best possible traction and make it virtually impossible to slip.  The only exception to that is if you try to walk on a marble floor while wearing them (please don't!)  The cleats easily slip off when you enter a building, so you can remove them quickly and be on your way.  They slip right over the toe of your shoes or boots and then back around the heel.  They stretch to fit and stay in place without shifting.  



I love that even though the cleats are strong they are still lightweight (8 ounces!) and bendable so that they're comfortable to walk in.  You hardly know that you're wearing them beside the fact that you're sure-footed. You really can't really see them on your shoes or boots.


Even though winter is (hopefully) over for this season, be sure to pickup some of Epica Cleats. Priced under $25, they are a bargain compared to hospital costs!  You can find Epica Cleats HERE.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 photo monicassignature_zpse2d5f368.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png