Joyus

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Uncorked Ventures!


I will admit that when it comes to wine, I am unskilled at best.  I know what I like, but I never know what to look for or how much to spend.  I've bought some really expensive wines that in my opinion were horrible and I've purchased some that were priced very reasonably but tasted great. That's why when I was asked to try Uncorked Ventures, a wine club, I was excited!  

Uncorked Ventures is a startup wine club that ships right to your home.  You decide how often you get shipments.  You receive 90+ point quality in every bottle and top value under $50! These guys journey through California, Oregon and Washington wine country, so they do all the legwork for you!  They offer three levels:  
  • Explorations ($40 per shipment), includes 2 wines: 1 white and 1 red, 
  • Special Selections ($95 per shipment), includes 2 red wines, limited production, high demand, perfect for those with discerning taste!
  • Reserve Selections ($195 per shipment), includes 2 or 3 red wines, highly prized and cellar worthy, when only the very finest will do! 
Each shipment includes tasting notes and winery information so you know exactly what you are getting.  You won't be able to find these wines in your grocery or liquor store.


Here's what my shipment included:


I received Le Tigre 2010 by Thomas Alexander from Paso Robles, California.  A beautiful red that didn't contain any of the usual bite that I associate with reds.  This is a smooth, full bodied wine that paired perfectly with my grilled steak!


I also received a wonderful Pinot Gris 2009 by Lo Triolet of d'Acosta Valley, Italy.  This winemaker battles all sorts of odds to bring this $35 bottle to market.  The vineyard is located in the furthest northern bits of Italy at almost 3,000 feet above sea level, making it the highest in the world.  This wine is made with a French grape that is grown in Italy.  Lo Triolet takes chances and the taste shows me that they're winning!  

What I love about Uncorked Ventures is that it's a small, startup wine club, founded by these guys:  
Matt Krause and Mark Aselstine
Aren't they cute?!

You can find Uncorked Ventures HERE and on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest! In addition to their wine clubs, you can order some amazing gift baskets (think Mother's Day, Father's Day, Weddings and all those Graduations coming up!)  You can even call them at 650-762-WINE (be sure to tell them that I sent you!) 

My favorite thing about this Wine Club is that you don't have to worry about a thing - Matt and Mark take care of everything!  Shipping is safe and fast and you can decide how often you want to receive your shipments, or if you want just one.  I think once you give it a try you'll decide once is never enough!

Disclosure:  I received these amazing wines to facilitate my review and form my opinion, however my opinion remains my own.  Yours may differ.
 photo monicassignature_zpse2d5f368.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png