Joyus

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bellemain Micro-Perforated Stainless Steel 5-Quart Colander Review



I use a strainer every day it seems - for pasta, cooked potatoes, and washing fruit and vegetables. The Bellemain Micro-Perforated Stainless Steel Colander is my new favorite.  I love that the holes are small enough that they even keep my rice and spaghetti from going down the drain. It drains quickly even though the holes are small because there is less solid surface to slow the water flow down. The entire colander is perforated from the bottom to the top so there is zero solid surface space to slow the water down.

This colander has a solid circle of stainless steel base so tipping isn't a problem. It is kept level and safe and keeps the base elevated above the sink floor so water won't pool. A hefty 5-quart size is perfect for family use - not too big and perfect for all your needs.

Since the strainer is stainless steel and every part is solid it is practically indestructible. I love that I can throw this baby right in the dishwasher when I'm done using it without worry. I expect this will be the last strainer I will ever need.
 


Disclosure:  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
 photo monicassignature_zpse2d5f368.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png