Joyus

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Is your identity safe?





Identity theft can happen to anyone, but there are somethings you can do that will help reduce your risk. Do you own a shredder? If not, I highly recommend that you get one to help keep your information safe!  

If you're wondering what to keep and what to shred, the experts at the FTC recommend the following timeline:

Shred Immediately:
Sales receipts
ATM receipts
paid credit card statements
paid utility bills
credit offers
cancelled checks (not tax related)
expired warranties

Up to one year
Pay stubs
Bank statements
Paid, undisputed medical bills

After 7 years
Tax-related receipts
Tax-related cancelled checks
W-2's
Records for tax deductions taken

It depends
Auto titles (keep as long as you own the vehicle)
Home deeds (again, as long as you own the property)
Disputed medical bills (keep until the issue is resolved)
Home improvement receipts (keep until you sell your home and pay any capital gains taxes)

Keep Forever!
Birth certificates
Social Security Cards
Marriage or divorce decrees
Citizenship papers
Adoption Papers
Death Certificates
Tax returns

Basically, use common sense when shredding and when in doubt, rather than throwing it in the trash, shred it! I love my Bonsaii DocShred. The features make it perfect for my home and office!

The Bonsaii shreds up to six pages at a time and it's not as noisy as some shredders that I've used in the past. I also appreciate that the blades actually shred the pages into small confetti rather than strips. I know that my information is safe!




Using the Bonsaii Shredder is easy and it has a reverse switch in case the paper gets stuck. I've experienced zero problems since I started using it.

You can find the DocShred on Selloutwow.com HERE. In my opinion, it is worth every penny!

Disclosure:  I received this product in order to facilitate my review and form my honest opinion, which remains my own.
 photo monicassignature_zpse2d5f368.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Monica's Rants, Raves, & Reviews...I hope you enjoyed reading my blog. Please comment and come back anytime!

 photo monicasdivider_zps8db51942.png